Format: Pot Limit Omaha
Starting stack: T100,000
The host will provide beverages and food on the break. A cash game will likely start when the tournament consolidates to one table. Typical games is HOPE and typical stakes are 25¢/50¢ with a buyin of $50-$60, but the table may agree on any games, stakes and buyins.
Keep an eye open in your email for invites.
A complete schedule of formats for Season Nine can be found here.
The top nine players in the league after 11 events each earn a seat in April’s Championship.
After the points were tabulated from the last event, the top nine players for Season Nine are:
- Don D.: 22.82 points in 3 events, up 1 spot from last event
- Mike M.: 21.09 points in 3 events, down 1 spot from last event
- Mike T.: 15.52 points in 3 events, up 3 spots from last event
- Fran D.: 14.16 points in 2 events, no change from last event
- Kevin A. [S]: 10.55 points in 2 events, down 2 spots from last event
- Jason Ta.: 10.05 points in 3 events, up 1 spot from last event
- Sean O.: 9.16 points in 3 events, down 2 spots from last event
- Jason Tr.: 7.84 points in 3 events, up 9 spots from last event
- John M.: 7.100 points in 3 events, down 1 spot from last event
Complete standings can be found here.
Ten percent of the buyin from every game is raked and added to the Championship prize pool. Rebuys are not raked and go 100% into the prize pool for that particular event. After the last event, the season rakes are $220
- Event 1: $80
- Event 2: $70
- Event 3: $70
Final Table Showdown
Current Final Table Showdown jackpot: $76
(Two players, John M. and Lolly O., still owe their $10 season pre-pay)
For the first 10 events, every time a regular player (non-sub) makes a final table, he or she has the option of purchasing a card which will later be drawn at random. The first card costs $1, the second card costs $2, the third card costs $3, etc. Before purchasing the first card earned, a player may also pre-pay for the season (no matter how many cards they earn) at a cost of $10. All card purchases accumulate into the jackpot.
Before Event 11, players will select their cards from a deck (or double deck, if more than 52 cards are purchased). The player with the highest five-card poker hand will win the jackpot. If two players are tied with the same five-card hand, the player who made the hand first will be the winner. If a double-deck is used, duplicate cards will be ignored (so, for example, Kh, Kh, 9h, 7h, 2h is still a flush and Kh, Kh is still a pair). Complete Final Table Showdown rules can be found here.
The following players have earned Final Table Showdown cards in Season 9:
Don D., 3 cards
Mike M., 3 cards
Mike T., 3 cards
Eric W., 2 cards
Fran D., 2 cards
Jason Ta., 2 cards
Sean O., 2 cards
Jeff R., 1 card
John M., 1 card
Lolly O., 1 card